Everything You Should Know About Buying Polynesian Clothing Online
While Polynesian clothing is no longer made using the traditional Tapa cloth, you can still embrace the unique motifs and designs of island wear in NZ with our quality designs. Whether you love the easy-going nature of Cook Island life or want to display your culture through quality crafted outfits proudly, our handmade clothes boast the vibrant beauty of the Pacific and its people. Our brand combines traditional and classical design with contemporary garments which results in our stylish and chic range of hand-painted clothing for the entire family. We design and manufacture our garments in the Cook Islands using local talent. Our online store means that you can readily purchase quality island clothing in NZ and enjoy the convenience and excitement of a parcel delivery direct to your location.
What You Can Expect from Tav Pacific Regarding Pacific Islander Clothing
You can purchase quality hand-painted clothes for the entire family from our extensive range online.
- Women: From beautiful dresses to flowy skirts, kimonos and tops, we have a wide selection of women's clothing to suit any occasion. Our stunning Aimata dress is ideal as an office outfit or for something more casual that you can relax in at a family BBQ, try our Tiare or Tarani dresses. We offer a selection of colours and sizes in each style so you can pick your favourite. With a variety of dresses, skirts and tops, we design our women's clothing to suit a wide range of ages, styles and body shapes.
- Men: Our men's range includes casual and relaxed shirts, singlets and shorts as well as dress shirts that are ideal for church, weddings and more formal events. Whether your man loves bold colours or prefers something more subtle, you can select an item that suits their style with our various fabric selections and hand-painted designs.
- Kids: We know that kids love to be active, which is why we make our children's clothing with quality, comfortable and cooling material. You child will look adorable in our playful yet fashionable clothes. Our stylish hand-printed shirts are sure to make your little boy look like a man while our pretty and colourful dresses will make any girl feel like a princess. Our children's range is versatile as your child can wear a garment as a casual outfit or to a fancy event.
Interesting Facts About Our Handmade Clothing
Our items are locally made in the Cook Islands using design inspiration from traditional motifs and the Pacific‘s flora and fauna.
- The brand was established in 1987: Ellena Tavioni continues to design and produce beautiful, stylish and comfortable clothing after founding the company more than 30 years ago. Our clothing brand excels at creating resort wear and has been seen at New Zealand Fashion Week.
- We design, hand-block and make the garments in the Cook Islands: We love to provide jobs and support the local economy through our business by manufacturing our products in the Cook Islands. The process of making our clothing is labour intensive and hands-on as we cut, wash, iron, print, and heat-set the designs.
- Each print is unique: We use a large carved board to print our patterns onto the fabric, meaning that the hand-printed design only repeats every 2.5 metres. This method of hand-blocking is why each of our items has a unique design.
A Short Buyers' Guide to Buying Handmade Clothes Online
When purchasing Cook Islands clothing from online stores, consider our tips to get the most value out of your shopping experience.
- Know your measurements: Clothing size can vary between brands or even product batches and shopping online means that you don't have the luxury of trying on garments in fitting rooms. Therefore, measure your chest, waist and hips before you start browsing online. If you are buying clothing for a child, then you may also need their height measurement. You can use these measurements to compare to the store's size chart and then select the most suitable size rather than going for your standard number.
- Read the store's product description and shoppers' reviews: After comparing your measurements to the store's size chart, you should read the brand's recommendations for purchasing their clothing. Often stores will mention whether the item is true to size or whether you should buy smaller or bigger than your ideal size. This recommendation gives you crucial information about the product as some fabrics may fit tighter on the body or items may be designed as a looser fit. Customer reviews are also helpful as you can get a better idea of what the clothing may look like on your body shape.
- Be flexible: While most brands try to ensure that their online photos are an honest representation of their products, you should be aware that colours on your screen may appear slightly different from the actual item. Being flexible with the hue of your garment can help to avoid disappointment when it arrives, however, if the colour change is too drastic, then consider returning the clothing. As a precaution, you should research the store's return policy before you purchase an item. Find out details such as the time frame you have for sending products back and whether you are eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Polynesian Clothing Stores Online
Avoid these common mistakes that people make when purchasing clothing online.
- Paying with a debit card: Credit cards are a safer option when paying for items online. Using a debit card to complete your order is similar to paying with cash in that your money will immediately leave your account once you check out. Inputting your debit card number online can also leave you vulnerable to hacking and theft of funds from your account. However, credit cards give you more protection if your number is stolen as you're unlikely to have to pay for the fraudulent transactions.
- Using a public Wi-Fi connection: Shopping online while sitting at a café is a fun way to pass the time and the perfect opportunity to buy that outfit you wanted. Yet, you should be aware of entering sensitive information online such as your passwords and credit card details while signed in to a public Wi-Fi network. This connection is a prime target for hackers so ensure that your internet connection is secure before you enter personal details online during the check-out process.
- Ignoring the return policy: Be sure to know the return policy for the stores you purchase from and don't just assume that every company has the same requirements. The essential information you should know is whether you have to pay for return postage, how long you have to send back an item and under what conditions they will accept a return.
About Tav Pacific
Founded by Ellena Tavioni in 1987, our brand continues to produce quality, stylish and unique Cook Islands clothing designs for the entire family. While we manufacture our products locally in the Pacific, our online store means that you can browse and shop our women's, men's and kids range from the comfort of your home. Whether you need an island dress for a wedding or a casual shirt for a summer event, you are sure to find a fashionable item from our range that meets your requirements. We hand make and paint each garment to give it a unique printed design and our quality fabric ensures that your outfit feels comfortable to wear.
You can readily browse our selection of latest designs online at our Cook Islands clothing store. If you have any questions, contact our friendly team or-place your order for free delivery to New Zealand.