A History of Handmade Boys’ Clothes
The clothing industry has evolved into an ever-changing trade, ruled by consumer’s behaviour and preferences.
- Historical records show that people did not wear fitted garments, but rather loose robes in a one-size-fits-all design. The invention of steam-powered machines not only brought more form-fitting clothes, but a threat to textile artisans as their individuality and independence had to make room for industrial-scale manufacturing.
- The invention of the sewing machine enabled independent artisans to continue their trade and make handcrafted garments primarily for upper-class citizens. Fashion trends started to emerge with this new technology, which increased the demand for handmade clothing. This demand far outweighed the supply, calling on the need for bulk manufacturing at newly formed textiles plants.
- Textile plants could produce at a quicker rate than handcrafted items, resulting in a surge in the industry. The simple clothing designs and cheaper fabrics enabled the manufacturers to introduce new lines of clothing more frequently. Consumers quickly realised that although these mass-produced items were cost-effective and convenient, their longevity did not match up to hand made garments.
- Fast forward to today, and although conventional manufacturing has taken the lead in the clothing industry, products are generally cheaply made, only last a few wears. They contain more plastic than any other material. More and more consumers realise the impact of mass clothing manufacturers on our planet and are opting for eco-friendly, handmade garments that are not only gentle on our planet but gentle on your skin.
What You Can Expect from Us Regarding Handmade Boys Shirts
You can conveniently access our fine, hand-painted boy’s shirts online or in our store.
- No two items have the same print. We apply a block printing technique evolved from tapa printing and cannot be done using a machine and ensures unique garments throughout our clothing range.
- Our user-friendly website enables convenient shopping with multiple payment methods, and our transparent returns policy ensures easy exchanges and refunds when required. We display each item in clear images for ease of decision making.
- We provide items for the whole family with seasonal ranges available throughout the year. Our range includes plus-sized pieces made from comfortable fabric.
Why You Should Buy Handpainted Boys’ Clothes from Tav Pacific
Our family-owned business provides a rich heritage through traditional prints and styles. We support the local economy while keeping to our eco-friendly values. We design our clothes to withstand the busy lifestyle of kids and keep them comfortable and cool during their activities.
For durable outfits for both everyday wear and special occasions, contact us.